- Price for MET group-admission to Met just went up $2 per person as of July 1. This will factor into tours from August onward.
- The Ancient Near Eastern galleries are undergoing gradual changes. Expect some exhibitions to be temporarily inaccessible in 2019-2020. This can make this tour challenging, and we roll with the punches. This will ultimately make things better!
What is the High Impact Combo Tour?
Administrators and teachers from Jewish day schools around the country have encountered using museums to connect Tanach, Jewish History, and archaeology. For the National Tanach Chidon I guided Tanach tours in the Met matching their syllabus and ran a booth; and just gave a presentation at the Torah Educators Network YHShare conference.
Professional responses include “How can I bring this to my school?” “Do you do this in other states?”, “When can we join a Met tour?”
Here is your answer: Join me in the Met for an educator oriented series of tours. This is not a system for implementation or training, but rather an experiential approach to learning that helps teachers revisit their passion for Tanach and our history and teaching with fresh eyes.
The price and schedule is posted on the homepage, and the times for the tours is as follows:
- Age of Empires – 10:15AM-12:15PM
- Lunch break 12:30-1:30
- Four Kingdoms – 1:30PM-3:30PM
- For Educators: Brainstorming and Conclusions – the Egyptian Galleries (after June 23)