As an inspired educator and native Jerusalemite, I love to bring the museum to life and connect people to our rich Jewish heritage
That is my mission statement, and I hope, God willing, to explore as many museums and sites as possible in the world, to inspire people to look at Jewish heritage and Jewish History with fresh eyes.
Experiential learning in a museum is edifying and enjoyable, and has proven beneficial in many different settings: Families, bat/bat-mitzvah, couples, individuals, communities, events, fundraisers, synagogue and sisterhoods, parent outings and teacher professional development sessions.
We aim to reach the soul of any Jew through the unique classroom of the museum.
Any tour that is listed here, is available privately, and customizable for schools’ curriculum.
Lectures, Shabbat programs, workshops and other deals are also listed below.
These tours are in the Met, unless listed otherwise. For a list of other museums, please see bottom of page.
- Price for MET group-admission to Met just went up $2 per person as of July 1. This will factor into tours from August onward.
- The Ancient Near Eastern galleries are undergoing gradual changes. Expect some exhibitions to be temporarily inaccessible in 2019-2020. This can make this tour challenging, and we roll with the punches. This will ultimately make things better!
Average Tour Length: 90-120 min
- Three Weeks: Age of Empires
- Chanukkah: Hellenism, Chanukah and the Jews
- Pesach: Leaving Egypt without Leaving NY (or other museums)
- Yom Yerushalayim: The Four Kingdoms
- Tanach / Jewish History Highlights
- Art and Idolatry in the Ancient World (the “Avoda Zara” tour)
- The Land of Tanach (exploring Bereshit and Shemot)
- Roaming with the Romans (2020 school year)
- Origins at the American Museum of Natural History (2020)
School rates (in New York)*:
- 1 tour: $500
- 2 tour2: $750
- 5 tours: $1,500 (within one school year)
* Students learning in a school in the five boroughs are exempt from admission, with 1 complementary ticket for every adult chaperon (or teacher) per 10 students. Schools in NJ or out of state who come to the Met are therefore given discount on the single tour rate.
An in-class workshop is recommended when preparing a group for visiting the Met. Both being acquainted with the guide, and having a better understanding of the material, will maximize the experience and learning in the museum.
- Standalone workshop: $225
- When coupled with a museum tour/s: $180 (in NY-NJ)
Professional Development for Judaic Studies Faculty
$1,250 + Admission
There are different private tour packages. For a quote, please consult regarding your tour needs.
$350-$1,500 + admission
Price depends on various factors. For consultation and a quote, please contact us.
Scholar in Residence, Shabbat Programs
To inquire, please email email@example.com
Other Museums Include:
- Israel Museum, Jerusalem
- The British Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- Chicago Oriental Institute – recent tour pictures
- The Penn Museum (Philadelphia, PA)
- Michael C. Carlos Museum (Atlanta, GA)
- Boston Fine Arts Museum
- Brooklyn Museum
- Newark Museum (New Jersey)
- The Walters Art Museum (Baltimore)
- Museum of the Bible (Washington DC)
- Harvard Semitic Museum (Boston)